I just bought and started moving our blog over to the new site. I'll be designing and customizing it over the next month or so and I'll have it up and ready soon enough. Stand by for more news on this. This is your last time to request features. Pretty soon it will be extremely difficult to add them in. For now the features stand at basically this. I will have a section where the main news is. I will also have a section that I have not named yet which will allow all of you to make original posts. There will also be a strategy page where we can discuss strategies of anything from How to Get Achievement X to setting up a Spawn lock, or even building strategies for your favorite RTS game. I'm contemplating a media page and maybe a separate page for all things Halo. Another thought of mine has been adding a calendar that we can all add events to, or an events page where we can list upcoming and pertinent events. For example, next week customs on Saturday at 10:00. (No seriously at 10:00 see you there...) Or we could say today that Fallout New Vegas has come out with a little blerb about it or the achievement list or something. I'll leave the rest up to you all, comment below or send me a message on Xbox Live if you have any thoughts.
In other news I read a great article about the top 10 games you must play before you die. I decided that while this list was a fairly good list I would rather make a more relevant one. So without further ado, the top 10 games you should play this console generation.
1. Halo - If you haven't played a Halo game you are truely missing out. Especially the two from this generation which honestly are two of the most balanced and well put together feature rich FPS if not games of all time.
2. Half-life 2 - Okay so this is slipping a bit into the last generation but it would never have played on the original xbox at the time it came out and it honestly was way ahead of it's time as valve games usually are.
3. StarCraft 2 - I had to include the legendary RTS and while I've only had a limited amount of time with this game I can say hands down that it is amazing. There are no words for this game...
4. Fallout 3 - This game brings back the excitement of exploration and really pushes the envelope as to what an RPG can be. When you play this game you really get a good understanding for what is going on this world and you become so involved it's hard not to love every minute. Whether you are freeing the world from the tyranny of a robot army, saving a town from two nut jobs or hunting down unsuspecting humans and enslaving them for extra cash, this game takes the RPG to a whole new level.
5. Gears of War - In addition to the fantastic over the top gore and language that makes this game a true mature title this game offers something much more. Gears has redefined what a co-op experience should feel and play like. Even in the limited interactivity between characters you can understand the strategies and how you should work together. There is not I in team and certainly not in Gears of War either.
6. (Insert MMO here) - If you haven't played one of the MMO's this generation you are truly missing out. Although I don't personally believe MMO's have hit their full potential their evolution this generation should be experienced. There's a reason you have to pay to play these games. They are fun, there's free content and you get to play with and against more people than any other game, you have to experience this.
7. Call of Duty - I don't think there is a person left on this planet who owns a game console and doesn't own at least one version of Call of Duty. Say what you will about their balancing practices or how competitive this game is but I have to say it's fun. It capitalizes on everything that made Counter Strike good and the newer versions include an RPG like mode where each challenge seems just another game away. The momentum keeps you playing and that's why it's on this list. Pick it up and I doubt you'll ever put it down.
8. New Super Mario Bros. - This has to be on the list although there were several Nintendo titles that came to mind. If you liked mario ever, even just a little bit this game will rock your socks. There are no words to describe the elated feeling you get chucking your friends into a pit so you can make the gap and spring to victory. 2D Screen scrolling mario but with 4 player co-op = WIN!
9. Portal - The greatest puzzle game ever was Tetris. Play this game...
10. Left 4 Dead 2 - I have to say that Left 4 Dead is a must play. Whether you are a fan of killing zombies or not this game is fun, hands down. You can't beat the four player co-op action, chainsaws, machetes or even a chance to be a zombie yourself.
I can think of a few that almost made the list like Crysis for it's tech or Forza for it's realism. I'm sure I missed something or left something out. Let me know about it below...
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
did you mean to put fallout new vegas because i dont have much to talk about for fallout 3 anymore
ReplyDeletethe calendar for the site is a must.
ReplyDeletei wish i could post a new post but you dont have the new site up. So in response, I will post here... halo reach sesh tonight! be there.
ReplyDelete