Monday, August 2, 2010

Long Time No See - Literally

Here I am in Paris awaiting an email so I can finish the last assignments of my online class and get back to exploring the world. From my window I can see the Eiffel Tower and just down the block from me is the Arc de Triumph. So it's rather funny that I'm posting now when I've waited so long to post already.

Your Halo Update: (uber brief)


Firefight + Complete Customization
Firefight Versus
New Red Small Wraith
Several New Weapons Confirmed
Forge Confirmed
Forge World (WTFOMG Quit Life) More on this when I get back
Several New Trailers
Halo Space Battles!
A Huge Armory Reveal (Unlimited Customization)
New Armory Pieces will be released with time to keep people interested
A new Campaign Trailer (Featured Below)

All of this new news and they haven't talked about saved films, zombies, new gametypes, full features of race, the entire list of forge objects and tons of things I can't even begin to remember.

The Cinematic Trailer, Enjoy!





Other Game News(The List)



Starcraft II came out
Battlefield 3 beta with MoH collectors
Respawn to announce new game*
Gears III has versus firefight
APB Sucks but has the greatest customization ever
Bobby Kotic is still a dick and
EQII now has a free to play option.

*For those of you who don't know, Respawn is the name of the company founded by the heads of Infinity Ward, makers of Modern Warfare 2. The company due to a crazy legal dispute that had the halo announcer yelling Suing Spree has in essence broken up and reformed under EA. Great job Activision! They will now be making first person shooters for the publisher that owns pretty much every great FPS. The short list: The Battlefield Series, Medal of Honor Series, and Crisis. Lets keep out all the third person shooters and hybrid rpgs like the aforementioned APB, which sucks.

EverCRACK II


For Nathan who likely skipped all that other shit because he's now freaking out and probably left this page; hopefully he stayed because I put his name in bold. EQII is now free, WHAT! you say. Well not entirely, John Smedly, the guy behind SOE and one of the most controversial game makers has created a system that I think will take hold in all future MMO's. It's very similar to what LOTRO has done by creating a tiered system of subscriptions and optional buy ins to increase your fun. Chill out Nate, I promise they won't suck you back in. Basically the way it works is that you get access excluding the latest expansion but on a separate server. Still sounds interesting I know, but you have a bank cap and you only get 4 races and 8 classes. You can however buy away the bank cap and gain access to 2 more races and classes for 15 dollars in addition to a few more perks and bonuses. You can also pay money per class and or race that you wish to add to your character select screen. You only get to make 2 characters I believe. I know what you are thinking, where's the real drawback I'm fearing a relapse or for those new to the game I'm sure you can taste the free EverCrack right now. Fear not my friends! John has found a way to ruin the entire thing. In order to use legendary or fabled items you have to subscribe. Oh and let me not forget that you can only get Adept spells so you can't even use the master crafted ones. In addition to this available only on this server is wow mode. Because they didn't want to ruiin the game for other players by making the game easier to play they decided to make it easier by giving you the opportunity to purchase good gear. Basically it's gear that although they deny it is near to fabled and legendary quality but can only be obtained through use of your wallet. Not only that but experience potions, potentially tradeskill levels and other so called convience (easy mode) items can be acquired only on this new server. It's possible for 30 dollars to transfer your old character to this new server but once it's there it can never go back.

What I find absolutely hilarious about the whole thing is that the developers honestly don't know their own game. What EQII does really well is create group and raid based encounters and stories that are really fun and engaging with interesting and unique rewards. That has always been it's unique selling point. It is designed for the hard core and so they decided to make it easier for people to get into. That's smart business but by taking out legendary and fabled items you just made end game not hard but impossible. Raids cannot be completed with that gear and even if you could complete them you wouldn't be allowed to wear anything inside them. That's not to mention all of the group content in the late game that would suddenly be pointless. What are you thinking John! That's okay why don't you go and spend more money changing the Star Wars Galaxies combat system again that way you can finally close the servers down.

PS. How is it that EQ is still not free yet WTF! I just got another server combine message.

And for those of you who made it to the bottom. [Click Me] and don't forget it. BTW, that line works all over Europe.

5 comments:

  1. halo is looking better every day, lets not for get our deal which is still on the table, i reserve new vegas at your store i get 3d figure.

    hey! where's my daily female count man hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post but good god is EQ2 a FAIL. that was probably the biggest boner kill of the month right next to the "halo chick" falling asleep on me mid conversation from being to swasted. ANYWAY, halo looks great so at least im satisfied in one way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EQ2 is a fail but I think when I get back I'm going to set up the free beta client to keep me busy till reach. Either that or I'll be playing P1999. If there's even one person interested I'll make it happen when I get back. Sorry to hear about the swasted woman, looks like you forgot rule number one of drinking with beautiful women. A quick tip for you fine gents, gauge their behavior and start poor less and less alcohol until their drinking virgins for the night. Then as you go you can give them half shots in between but no one wants a date like Nate's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. im down to get back to P99

    ReplyDelete