Friday, August 6, 2010

Paris to Fussen

Yesterday I drove for nearly 14 hours straight. We stopped twice for gas of course but basically it was straight through. We began our trip in Paris where driving means everyone shares one giant lane and can gutter fuck each other like it's Glendale. Its like the entire idea of lanes is liquid there and as long as you don't bump up no one cares. If that sounds intense imagine limited signage, low hanging stop lights six point intersections and new lane markings. Of course once we got out of Paris it was pretty smooth as the highways are pretty easy. You have to frequently adjust your speed because there are speed traps everywhere. Thankfully our GPS would let us know when each one was coming up.

Then we got to Germany and now I get it. If you want to know how bad ass they really are you really have to come try this. I know it rains everywhere but this was supposedly a light storm. Seriously I now understand how they took over France twice not to mention the fact that for a long time they successfully fought off multiple countries at once on multiple different fronts. While we drove to the mountains and then in them we experience the most torrential rainstorm I have ever experienced. That coupled with the fog meant I could only see about 50 yards ahead of me at best. However what made the Germans bad asses is still in them today. The crazy people of this country were still following the speed limit and some of them were even going faster than it. Multiple people passed me at the equivalent of 80 or 90 miles an hour. Hurtling around tight bends over bridges with nearly 0 visibility. WOW

Needless to say the rain added nearly 4 hours to our trip yesterday but we are here and its absolutely beautiful. As soon as the girls wake up I'm going to take a shower and head on down to the nearest bar to enjoy the company of some of the locals.

Reach Update
Here's my update for reach. While I was carefully navigating the mountain and then of course again while I was sleeping, bungie added several updates to their site regarding reach. Head on over to bungie.net to see new multiplayer maps, campaign and much more. The easiest way to sort the data is to view which ones have the reach icon next to them and click through.

~ Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment