Seeing that Halo Reach is dangerously close and the last weeks of summer seem to hold little in the way of entertainment, unless of course you bought Starcraft II; it's time for us to start thinking of creative ways to enjoy our last weeks of freedom. While we could enjoy a little of the new free Everquest II, I think instead we should fill out our walls of shame and give them a go.
What is a wall of shame? It's all the amazing video games that you have yet to finish. It doesn't matter how old or new, the style of the game or the platform from which it comes. Your fall of shame is your personal list of games that you wish you had beaten. Some may list final fantasies or perhaps like my brother you never actually went through the ODST campaign. I'm going to compile 2 short lists, one of games that I want to beat and another of games I would like maybe to get the remaining achievements in. As for you guys make similar lists and please feel free to ask for help in getting the remaining achievements. I'd love to join you on your quest, or to invite you over to my house while we play separate single player games in hopes of calming our pre Reach jitters. One quick recomendation, keep to games you still own or could get very easily. If you would like to give me cash I'll pick up a nice version from GameStop with my discount if you sold it back ever.
Jared's Wall of Shame
Donkey Kong Country
Yes I own Donkey Kong Country and no I've never beat it. In fact it's one of the few retro games that I own or owned as a kid that I have yet to beat. While technically I've never beat sonic the hedgehog on the console and only on an emulator, I've never even touched an emulated version of this game.
Halo Wars
I didn't finish the campaign. I quit playing the story switched to multiplayer and got tired of Covenant leader rushes and underpowered scarabs. I'd really like to get through this at least once if not try it again on Legendary, I think... If anyone would like to join me you are welcome and I would really like to play multiplayer so perhaps I'll check one extra out from the store and someone can borrow it.
Assassin's Creed 2 -
I know I know, how could you not finish this? I don't know... It's definitely on my list and I'm going to crush it out of existence.
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess -
I was about half way through this game and some other amazing game came out and I took a pause for the cause to join the multiplayer madness with the likes of you and now I have no idea what to do whenever I boot it up. Perhaps a little online strat guide cheating or some help from Dan will get me back in and help me finish it.
Team Fortress 2 -
New achievements are out and I'd like to get my new Engineer Gear! Not entirely shameful but something that I can finish before Reach.
Achievements Lost in the Heat of Battle
Gears of War 2 -
I'd like to finish the game co-op finally. Those are the achievements I want.
Halo Wars -
At least a few of the easier ones that I've left out.
Rainbow Six Vegas Two -
There's a lot of these I'm missing and this game rocked, perhaps it's time to break it back out and give it a whirl.
Battlefield 1943 -
One to go, just got to finish it...
Shadow Complex -
One to go, really want to get it...
What's your list? Comment Below...
Gears 2
ReplyDeletea few to go including the campaign co-op
MW2
two more from spec ops
Assassins Creed 1&2
never made either to the end
Bad Company 2
forgot what i need but there almost impossible
L4D2
havent beat it on Expert or Realism (need good teammates)
every game but halo 3 campaign? oooh, that's embarrassing...
ReplyDeleteWell I will have to say that I don't think I have ever played through an entire campaign for Halo before I always either miss out on a level or two or three or in the case of Halo Wars it would be all of them and Halo ODST I played maybe a hand full. This is my wall of shame for video games.
ReplyDeleteWell then I think it's time to fix those. I think we'll have to start with ODST and mop them up as a team. We could probably do the entire campaign in about 4 hours if we were running hot.
ReplyDelete