Friday, April 16, 2010

Oopse, this got long...

Ok I've been lazy over the last few weeks but it was spring break... So I'm going to start this new season or so to speak with a quick update and a brief request. If you guys could give me your schedules for this semester it would help me better plan meeting times and get us coordinated. Include anything you think is relevant. For example, I usually work Monday, Wednesday and Saturday nights in addition to my regular school attendance. I would also suggest that you list your last final and when you plan on being back home. I would prefer you send this to me in an excel document with times by the hour in an attachment via email. For the lazy like me, my email address is easy to remember, jaredhentz@gmail.com.

As for other news, with the halo reach beta coming up there's tons of info out there. Some of you might be asking, how can I get the low down without trolling the forums or spending countless hours reading the same information repeated over and over. Have no fear, I have the solution. Rather than share with you the news myself and waste time trying to dissect and explain the information I will point you in the direction of someone who already has. Anoj, the same guy who does the amazing top 10 series on youtube has put together a series of videos which outline the vast amount of information pouring out of the internet. Below I'll include a link to his video once I'm out of class.

Finally, while Halo Reach is just around the corner, we'll still have an entire summer with very few new titles to play while we wait. So I'm going to be setting up some forge contests or competitions. There won't really be a prize but I'd encourage you all to try some new stuff and put in an entry which we'll play following the completion of each round. The first contest doesn't begin until school is out but it will end very abruptly, about 3 weeks following the beta's full run. To give you all a head start, the theme will be in honor of the silent passing of our dear old friend halo 2. I challenge each of you to create and or re-create the Tower of Power from Halo 2's epic custom games on Ascension. Don't limit yourself to a port of it, think instead of what the feeling was and what made it fun. Create something similar or something completely different. Perhaps your new imagining of the tower of power is a pyramid. Your interpretation may be completely different. It's a two part contest, part 1 is the map, and part 2 is the gametype rules. There will be no judge for any of these contests, we will judge them as a group and help constructively critique them to make them a more fun addition to our custom game nights. If you have questions feel free to comment on them below, or if you need help making your idea come to life let me know below as well and I'll be happy to set up a time to work on the map with you. Likewise for pre-testing purposes post below as well.

See you all online...

Here's the link to the first video, I believe there are at least 3 now...
Click Here

3 comments:

  1. how many people will be playing in the tower of power? as i remember, we played with tons of people which made it really fun and would allow me to create obscene yet fun ideas. however, nowadays as we all know, its difficult to get a 4 on 4 custom game going...

    also, my last final is june 7th :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. shoot for a gametype that hits lots of people... then maybe create one thats fun for a more intimate setting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think we need to know about you two getting intimate...

    ReplyDelete