Perhaps it's cheesy to say it but I'll do it anyway. Whenever you read this I want you to do something nice for someone. I'm not asking for a weekly commitment to doing favors but I'd like you to do something genuinely nice for someone. Not just someone you know, or know of but someone that's a total stranger. It could be something as simple as buying the guy in front of you his Starbucks, or in our case his Del Taco; or you could walk an old lady across the street. Whatever you do, I don't care about your motivation and you shouldn't either. Do it just because! What I really want you to do is to trust someone and for them to trust you. If you're not comfortable helping a stranger out just yet, talk to one. Make a connection... My point really is that as American's we've lost touch with one another. Why is that we'll trust a total stranger, an anonymous one at that to cover our rear flank, to watch us while we plant the bomb, to drive our brand new shiny warthog, or to heal us in the depths of a dragon infested dungeon. It shouldn't take a zombie apocalypse for us to have each others back. After all we share one thing, something that should transcend our fears and anxieties. We need to reconnect where our parents have inspired distrust and a world in which we mind our own business. It is our business, we should know our neighbors and we should really know the people we see everyday. Go out and meet someone, help someone or just do something for someone other than yourself. Have a great weekend.
For those of you who are wondering where this came from and perhaps more importantly how it relates to this blog, here you go: Article and Video, Gamers save the world, this time for real!
Friday, March 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment