For those of you waiting for the beta to go live I'll give you something to do. If you haven't already seen the Joystiq video's go down below and give em a watch. At least see the one about the controls, since that will help you all get into it much faster. For everyone else, or after you watch those videos, here is something else to do.
Click Me, Click Me, Please Click Me!
Afte watching this you can click on the rendered films button on the left. Then press the today button on the main page. I've watched through about four pages of stuff and it's all pretty enlightening. If anything it will keep you wet with anticipation. Of course you could always get on EverCrack and give the P99 server a whirl before we start our weekly group.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Unfortunately, I cannot post because I do not have that power. I know Jared is super busy so I will instead comment under his most recent post. WARNING: this is a post of change and might be slightly uncomfortable. However, understand that change is good too!
ReplyDeleteBecause I am in class right now, due to an unfortunate planning of a quiz, I will write to you guys about my yesterday's endeavors. I was lucky enough to finish my homework on Saturday so I decided that Sunday would be my prep day for the Halo Reach beta. With that being said... here's my run through. Also, you might think that some of my day has nothing to do with the preping for the beta, but I say NO, it was ALL necessary.
First off, I woke up and decided I would blow off some energy by doing something active. So I took a shower when I woke up like I do everyday. Then I ate and headed out to the gym to play some B-ball. When I got there though, the gym was closed. So I waited about 30 minutes for it to open and then went in to play. This is where it gets cool. I was shooting some hoops when I huge black comes up to me and asks me if I would play on his pug. So I was like, "I suck ass but alright!" So it turns out I have 3 guy from the UCR basketball team on MY team. Hell yes! Note: one of them was at least 6'7". Let me put it this way--we fucked shit up. So when I was done with that I got in n out. Finally, at the end of the day I decided to play Halo 3, perhaps a little more relevant to the subject. Anyway, I must have played halo for about 5 hours. When doing so, however, I switched to Bumper Jumper. Bumper jumper?!? Change?!? Yes, believe it or not, I changed without the help of anyone else. The point is, just like in b-ball about 6 hours prior to my playing halo... I fucked shit up. Now, don't get to excited. It took me an hour or 2 to get used to the switch and for a while I was thoroughly confused and angered. We got a noise complaint last night stating, "There's a very loud man downstairs yelling profanity." I laughed and said, "There's no loud man down here, I'm just doing some Engineering homework" (as I pointed to the sign on my door saying, "M.E.s at Work"). Now I know you guys are still a bit skeptical about my findings with bumper jumper. Jared is saying, "The pros may use it but it's not gonna help me that much..." Jared, just switch. I guarantee you will bring new meaning to, I fuck shit up. I will leave you with one last story of last night so that 1. you can stop reading my bullshit post 2. i can do notes, take my quiz, and bike the hell back to the beta 3. you can stop getting a boner about halo reach. Last night, I played mosh pit, free-for-all, on the pit, against some generals. Jared would say that my story has no relevance because I was playing against portages generals, but I say it was my bumper jumper! Anyway, I got into the hill and stayed the entire 100 seconds jumping overr bitches, throwing grenades, shooting dudes in the dome with my sniper, ninja'ing dudes, and just about everything you can do to survive. The point is, I had a lot more maneuverability and could pull off some crazy stunts simply because I could press jump, melee, strafe, and move all with different fingers and all at the same time. I know we all know that you can do that with bumper jumper. However, the problem is that none of us are eager enough to change. Don't think this way though because I have two motives for you right now! 1. you have to change your melee at least because of the default controls on the beta 2. you will fuck shit up. That's all folks, see you in the beta and I hope you all enjoyed my post--and by you all I only mean Jared and Josh... maybe Derick.
You know, I'm not against bumper jumper. I'm just comfortable with where I'm at and not willing to make the change. Sound familiar? To be honest with you it's the obvious choice. It's clear with the beta coming up and the new control settings that this is what they feel too. However, that begs the question, what is more important, being able to freely access your armor ability or jump? I can see an argument for both. I guess it depends on what settings they take with MLG. I personally like the idea of melee on the right bumper, you never shoot and melee at the same time. Most likely you will never need to throw a grenade while using an armor ability. Maybe if there was a toggle on-off version of armor abilities similar to what you can do now with crouch although no one uses it, but if it existed, then I would say traditional bumper jumper would be ideal.
ReplyDeleteOnly time will tell, post your thoughts below, and thanks Nate for the post.