Forget the usual long intros, just watch:
Now that you've seen it, let me know what you think. Feel free to check out a higher quality one, 1080p on xbox live or check out the one on bungie.net. See something interesting, pause it, note the time and write about it below. I know some of the things in the video might be shocking but the more I think about them, they are definitely shocking good. The more I think about the new features the more I start to like them. Seems they will add just one more layer of chaos and awesome, two things that are the core of halo games. What I'm really excited to see is a feature I've been dieing to see for a long time. Covenant vs. Humans! I have wanted to see that for so long and I'm glad they'll finally include it in this one. Ok I'll stop writing so you can get back to watching it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, first of all. They just took a game like halo 3—a game that exceeds all multiplayer limits out there—and pushed it to another level. Was that melee combinations, hovering, and diving I saw? Where will they find room on the limited xbox controller to put these buttons lol? I do have to say, this has me uber excited for reach… no doubt about it. Halo will always be fun to go back and play but this is something that I don’t even see myself getting tired of even after years. I only have one fear for this game. I fear that with all these new cool ideas, gadgets, and buttons that the gameplay will be less competitive due to the advantage that a given player will have with these “maybe over-powered” tools. If this is not the case, Halo Reach will have successfully brought gaming, and even more importantly in my eyes, multiplayer gaming to a whole new level. Watch out mw2, I have a new love.
ReplyDeleteI think you've summed up the hopes and fears of almost everyone on the internet quite nicely. I think that as long as these things are balanced and we have the option to add or remove them as we deem fit, then this game will be amazing. When I say interent, I mean the sane people. Those who are bitching about graphics and gameplay without experiencing it first hand can go suck it. As for the diving well, interestingly enough it looked as though the elite was the only model doing the rolls or diving. They apparently have an entirely new control setup. We'll have to learn a new set of buttons but look at the changes between halo 2 and 3 and how much better they made it as simple as they may be. I'm looking forward to seeing some more of these weapons up close and personal. Not to mention the new balances to vehicles especially in relation to the armor abilities.
ReplyDeleteUgggghhh, get rid of the elite in multiplayer. The elite is so overrated. Halo is a game of massive multiplayer competition and teamwork. Personally, I like to compete and the best part about halo is the balanced gameplay that allows for intense competition. Like both of us have mentioned, not allowing us to remove certain things from the multiplayer will simply ruin that competition it has built so well over the years. I think that the elite is a fine example of this. Not that the elite is any better, but they have different hit boxes on different regions of the body. Halo Reach needs to make sure that they don't go so far over the top that MLG says, "The fuck with it!" Elites being even more unique, in my opinion, might do this to the competition of the gaming...
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDude that was pretty sick but i'm not sure how much more video games I'm going to buy...we will see if I had to buy one more this one could be the one unless there was just another game the would blow Halo Reach out of the water
ReplyDelete