As promised, it's time for a forge contest. I know you are all burnt on games in general at this point so lets take a chance to become the creators of one instead for a bit. Now this isn't anything near to what real devs do but they've given us tools so that we can manufacture our own fun and it's about time that we do. For those of you who are afraid to get in and get your hands dirty send me an email. I know you guys have ideas, I'm sure we have all sat up at night unable to sleep thinking about some stupid game type or another. Maybe even imagining a new version of tremors or how you would like to see one flag play out on your favorite map. Perhaps you might wonder what it'd be like to play Valhalla without snipers and lasers?
Enter forge contest number one...
Tower of Power
Your task is to create or recreate a version of Tower of Power. I have the gametype and will post it to my file share some time this week but I urge you all to try out your own game variants and push it as far as you would like.
I'm going to give everyone two to two and a half weeks. You may build it however you like. It can be done in the sky box or on any level you deem fit. I strongly urge you boot up Halo 2 and check out Ascension and check out the tower and give some thoughts not to the geometry but to what made tower of power fun. It might have been the single path up to the top or it could have been something completely different, you be the judge.
If you fear the land of forge comment below or send me a message I'll get back to you as soon as possible with some tips or a time for us to meet to discuss your idea and help get it in motion. It shouldn't be about your skill in forge but the concept and feel of what you create. I'm more than willing to help you set up your idea and get it working nicely. When all is said and done we will play all the maps and game variants that have been created and then work on tweaking them for a future custom game night.
I'll keep you posted; until then happy forging.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I remember the good old days with Tower of Power on Ascension for hours on end. Great times.
ReplyDelete